Last week we told you about an alarming report that Obama holdovers at the State Department were scrubbing official records and speeches to remove any mention of the ISIS genocide against Christians, which the State Department has since denied.
Today, we are following through with action. We just sent legal demands for State Department records so that we can get to the bottom of what actually happened, and if it was as bad as it appears, who all was involved.
As the Washington Free Beacon had reported:
The State Department’s top lawyers are systematically removing the word “genocide” to describe the Islamic State's mass slaughter of Christians, Yazidis, and other ethnic minorities in Iraq and Syria from speeches before they are delivered and other official documents, according to human rights activists and attorneys familiar with the policies.
After this shocking story broke, and in response to the outcry and attention the report received, State Department spokespersons have denied its accuracy. But what really happened?
We’ll find out.
Last week we told you about our plan to send Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests to the State Department to investigate this for ourselves. And today, we submitted our legal demands for the records that will reveal if any such outrageous actions were taken, and if so, who was involved and why.
Since deep state Obama holdovers have a history of denying outrageous conduct, it is certainly worth investigating – especially since the reported actions are so disgraceful and have such far-reaching effects. Christians and others are being slaughtered by ISIS because of their faith. This is “genocide” under the law and everyone knows it.
If anyone at the State Department is playing games with such a serious tragedy and manifestation of evil, they need to be identified and removed.
Unfortunately, it’s not hard to believe the report: We already had to sue the State Department in federal court in our effort to see what, if anything, the State Department was actually doing about the genocide former Secretary John Kerry verbally acknowledged last year. The State Department refused to give us the documents until we went to court. And the documents we have received so far show an embarrassing lack of meaningful action to counter the genocide and protect the victims.
The American people spoke this past November and rejected the Obama policy of inaction on ISIS. Yet we continue to get the overwhelming sense that the Obama holdovers at the State Department just don’t take the ISIS genocide seriously.
That has to stop. Now.
The ACLJ will not back down. We are pressing forward in our 7-point plan to end the ISIS genocide against Christians.
Join us as we continue the struggle against the shadow government and its relentless commitment to ignoring Christians being exterminated by ISIS. Stand up for the Christians and others around the world being targeted for their faith by ISIS.
Make your voice heard. Sign our petition today.
As we aggressively engage globally to defend dying Christians from genocide, every gift (even $5) makes a huge impact. Take action today.
Christians all around the world are facing extreme persecution. This month Open Doors, a non-profit organization monitoring Christian persecution across the globe, released their annual report listing the 50 countries where it is the most dangerous to be a Christian. In a chilling fact, the report...
Updated 1/29/2019 The Pakistani Supreme Court today heard a review petition against Asia Bibi’s acquittal of blasphemy. After the Court had overturned her conviction on October 31, 2018 , the complainant, Qari Muhammad Salam, filed a review petition asking the Court to reconsider its decision. Asia...
Pastor John Cao (/tsaw/) – a U.S. permanent resident from Greensboro, North Carolina – has been wrongfully imprisoned in China for almost two years, and the court just postponed his appeal hearing for a fourth time – further violating Pastor Cao’s right to due process, a fair trial, and equal...
As part of our ongoing efforts to aid and protect Christians in Iraq and Syria, we sent a letter through our European affiliate, the European Centre for Law and Justice (ECLJ), to the incoming Security Council President for the month of January, Ambassador Francisco Cortorreal of the Dominican...