Many of you have asked what more you can be doing for Pastor Saeed and his family. The following is a list of ways that you can stand in the gap for Pastor Saeed. Be sure to pass these ideas on to your friends and family, as well as well as through Facebook, Twitter, and email.
Awareness & Advocacy
- Petition for International Engagement: Sign our petition to the international community demanding Saeed’s release.
- Petition the U.S. Government: Sign our petition to the U.S. Government demanding Saeed’s release.
- Send letters to Iranian officials: Send a letter to the Supreme Leader of Iran or to Embassy officials petitioning for the respect of religious freedom and release of Pastor Saeed and all prisoners being held for their religious beliefs. Click here to find instructions how to send a letter to the Supreme Leader of Iran, and click here to find instructions on how to send a letter to Iranian Embassy officials.
- Call and Write: Call and write the White House and State Department and ask for President Obama and Secretary of State Kerry to make Pastor Saeed’s release a top priority. If you are not American you can call your government leaders and ask that they intervene on Pastor Saeed’s behalf.
- Call and Write: Call your U.S. Senators and Representative to request a public statement and pressure on the State Department. Find out how to contact your Members of Congress here.
- Video: Download the video above of Pastor Saeed’s letter from prison, and play it in your church, Bible study, for friends, and for family. Encourage others to join you in prayer. Click here to watch the video, or click here to download it.
- Sermon/Liturgy: Dedicate all or a portion of your religious service to instructing the congregation about how to pray for the persecuted Church.
- Social Media: Share the video and this post of how to help Pastor Saeed with your friends on social media websites. Use the hashtag, #PastorSaeed, on Twitter to share his story. Encourage others to join the cause.
- Protest: Hold a protest in front of the Iranian Embassy, Consulate, or Interest Section in your country.
- Write: Write an op-ed on behalf of Pastor Saeed and submit it to your local newspapers. Information about Pastor Saeed and his case can be found here.
- Pray: Dedicate time to pray for Pastor Saeed. Click here for a prayer guide.
- Write: Send a letter of encouragement to Pastor Saeed in Iran. Click here to find instructions how.
- Draw: If you are artistic, draw and send a picture of encouragement to Pastor Saeed in Iran. Drawings are also a great way to get young children involved. Click here to see where to send your drawings to Pastor Saeed.