A Tale of Two Charters - The United Nations & Hamas
Come September, the United Nations is set to vote on whether to recognize a Palestinian State.
The UN Charter stipulates that:
"Membership in the United nations is open to all other peace-loving states which accept the obligations contained in the present Charter and, in the judgment of the Organization, are able and willing to carry out these obligations."
Hamas are partners in the government of the candidate "State of Palestine". The Hamas Charter sets out the ideology and policies of this organization.
Here are some excerpts from the UN Charter along with selections from the Hamas Charter*. The texts speak for themselves:
From the Preamble to the Charter:
- We the people of the United Nations, determined to save succeeding generations from the scourge of war which twice in our lifetime has brought untold sorrow to mankind
- And for these ends to practice tolerance and live together in peace with one another as good neighbors.
- Israel will arise and continue to exist until Islam abolishes it, as it abolished what went before.
- The time [Judgment Day] will not come until Muslims fight the Jews and kill them and until the Jew hides behind the rocks and trees, and [then] the rocks and trees will say: 'Oh Muslim, oh servant of Allah, there is a Jew hiding [behind me], come and kill him
- All Members shall refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state, or in any other manner inconsistent with the Purposes of the United Nations.
- There is nothing more serious or profound than the fact that the enemy has trampled on Muslim soil. In such a situation, launching a holy war [against] him and confronting him has become the personal duty of every Muslim man and woman
- [Hamas] acts to fly the banner over all of Palestine.
- Jihad is its [Hamas'] path and death for the sake of Allah is the most exalted wish.
- All members shall settle their international disputes by peaceful means in such a manner that international peace and security, and justice, are not endangered.
- [Diplomatic] initiatives, the so-called peaceful solutions and international conferences to find a solution to the Palestinian problem, contradict Hamas' ideological position. Giving up any part whatsoever of [the land of] Palestine is like ignoring a part of [the Muslim] faith.
- There is no solution to the Palestinian problem except jihad. Regarding the international initiatives, suggestions and conferences, they are an empty waste of time and complete nonsense.
- To achieve international co-operation in solving international problems of an economic, social, cultural or humanitarian character, and in promoting and encouraging respect for human rights and for fundamental freedoms for all without distinction as to race, sex, language or religion
- To reaffirm faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person, in the equal rights of men and women and of nations large and small
- Thus [the Jews], by means of their money, have taken over the international communications media they used their money to incite revolutions in various places all over the world. They used their money to found secret organizations and scattered them all over the globe to destroy other societies.
- In fact, they were behind the First World War and established the League of Nations to be able to rule the world. They were also behind the Second World War... They ordered the establishment of the United Nations and the Security Council which replaced the League of Nations to be able to use it to rule the world No war takes place anywhere in the world without [the Jews] behind the scenes having a hand in it
- Their plot appears in the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion"