San Bernardino Massacre Raises Significant Questions | American Center for Law and Justice
  Search  |  Login  |  Register

ACLJ Profile Completion

Verified

Massacre Raises Significant Questions

By Jay Sekulow1449180234688

Terror struck America again this week.  While there are many more questions than answers in the early days of the ongoing investigation into the brutal massacre in San Bernardino, California - emerging details raise more concerns about protecting the homeland.

First, our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims, families, brave first responders, and residents of San Bernardino in the wake of this horrific attack.

More details continue to emerge from authorities.

Fourteen people were murdered and 21 others were injured when Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik opened fire at the Inland Regional Center.

Here’s what we know:

  • This attack was pre-planned with authorities saying the two were “on a mission.”
  • The terrorists left their 6-month old child with grandparents.
  • They walked into the meeting room and fired between 65 and 75 rounds in seconds. 
  • They brought with them a massive pipe bomb, designed to be detonated by a remote controlled toy car – a tactic used by radical Islamists.
  • Their home was booby-trapped and officials said it resembled more of a bomb factory than a residence.
  • Inside the house, 12 more pipe bombs were found along with hundreds of tools to construct bombs and thousands of rounds of ammunition.

 

The FBI has confirmed that the suspects travelled internationally.   Authorities say Farook went to Pakistan at one point and his wife was in the U.S. on a visa with a Pakistani passport. Saudi Arabia’s embassy has reportedly confirmed that Farook traveled to Saudi Arabia last year.

CNN has reported that Farook was “radicalized and in touch with people being investigated by the FBI for international terrorism.”  CBS News reports that a source said that “the pair were looking at ISIS propaganda online.”

The FBI, which is in charge of the investigation, says it has not determined a motive and is not yet in a position to label this tragic attack as “terrorism.”

Clearly this investigation is just beginning and federal investigators say they will follow the facts.

But there are many important questions being asked now:

  • Were these terrorists connected to or inspired by ISIS (the Islamic State) or other radical jihadists?
  • Were these terrorists radicalized? If so, how and where? 
  • If they were connected to international terrorists, were there intelligence gaps?  Should we have known about them before they acted? 
  • Who were these terrorists working with?

All important questions.  The American people are understandably on edge. They want answers.

They want to know if what happened in San Bernardino is the work of a couple of deranged residents or if it’s linked to the brutal terror campaign by radical jihadists – a terror campaign that shook the Boston Marathon in 2013 and devastated the city of Paris just a few weeks ago.

Protect America from ISIS Terror

National Security  Signatures

LOGIN

Receive the latest news, updates, and contribution opportunities from ACLJ.

$20
$40
$60
$120
$240
Make this a monthly tax-deductible gift.

With your support, we're leading the charge on Capitol Hill to protect America, defeat ISIS, and defend Christians. Have your gift doubled. Have your gift doubled through our Matching Challenge.

Email Address is required.
First Name is required.
Last Name is required.
Credit Card Number is required.
Verification Code is required.
Expiration Month is required.
Expiration Year is required.
Receive the latest news, updates, and contribution opportunities from ACLJ.
Encourage your friends to sign and donate by sharing this petition.

Fourth Circuit Hears National Security Case

By Edward White1513000800000

This past Friday, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals (thirteen active judges) heard oral argument in the case where a Maryland federal court enjoined the full implementation of President Trump’s National Security Proclamation . The Proclamation places travel restrictions on foreign nationals from...

read more

Oral Argument in National Security Case

By Edward White1512684000000

Yesterday afternoon, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals heard oral argument concerning a Hawaii federal court’s injunction blocking the full implementation of President Trump’s National Security Proclamation to begin enhanced vetting procedures of foreign nationals seeking entry into the United...

read more

SCOTUS Rules on Enhanced Vetting

By Edward White1512438120334

In a major victory for the Trump Administration as well as for our national security, the Supreme Court today granted the Administration’s motions to stay the preliminary injunctions imposed against the President’s National Security Proclamation . Those injunctions blocked the Proclamation from...

read more

North Korea: A Long-Term Threat

By Wesley Smith1512142167563

North Korea has launched 23 missiles since the beginning of 2017. Tuesday’s launch of an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (the third ICBM this year) flew higher and longer than any previous missile, traveling some 2800 miles into space (10 times higher than the International Space Station) for 50...

read more