As Biden Deepens Ties With Terrorists, This Is What the Taliban’s Control of Afghanistan Really Looks Like
Jake Sullivan is the White House National Security Advisor, which means he provides the President of the United States with valuable information when it comes to making foreign policy decisions. So, Sullivan’s recent comments about the Taliban, a terrorist organization, should stop anyone in their tracks.
During an interview with MSNBC after the last of our U.S. troops pulled out of Afghanistan on August 31st, Sullivan was asked if the Taliban is our adversary. Here is his shocking response:
Well, it’s hard to put a label on it, in part because we have yet to see what they are going to be now that they are in control, in physical control of Afghanistan . . . . They will, in the coming days, announce a government. That government is going to go around seeking diplomatic engagement, even recognition from other countries, including the United States. In fact, the Taliban spokesman today said he was looking for positive relations on behalf of the Taliban, especially with the United States. We’re not just going to grant positive relations to the Taliban. They’re going to have to earn everything from the international community through actions, not words.
Hard to put a label on it? Really? It’s absurd that the Biden Administration is even considering a “positive relationship” with the Taliban.
Remember after the horrendous terrorist attacks of 9/11 when the United States ordered them to turn over Osama bin Laden, and they refused? They literally helped hide and protect the mastermind of the worst terror attack on American soil in history. As we’ve reported, relying on the Taliban is “an insult to the world’s only remaining superpower” and “an embarrassment to the American people.” It’s also a slap in the face to every single family who lost a loved one on 9/11 and in the subsequent war in Afghanistan.
While President Biden’s team figures out how to “label” these sadistic murderers, here are headlines from the last month of what’s reportedly going down in Kabul and throughout Afghanistan since the Taliban was reportedly given back control of the country:
- Afghan folk singer taken from his house and killed by the Taliban
- Afghanistan: Taliban responsible for brutal massacre of Hazara men – new investigation
- Former Afghan minister claims Taliban killing children in reign of terror
- Taliban soldiers are reportedly going door-to-door and executing people – 'They haven't stopped killing'
- 'The Taliban killed my brother for protecting my family'
- Afghans Tell of Executions, Forced ‘Marriages’ in Taliban-Held Areas
- The Taliban knocked on her door 3 times. The fourth time, they killed her
- A photojournalist was killed by Taliban fighters, Reuters says
- Afghanistan's Christians are turning off phones and going into hiding
- Taliban going door-to-door in hunt of Christians after Afghan killed 'for owning a bible'
- Christians in Afghanistan are already being killed by the Taliban, says religious freedom expert
- Taliban admits to killing Afghan comic
- Taliban kill Afghan media chief in Kabul
- Taliban kill squad hunting down Afghans — using US biometric data
- The Taliban's mask slips further after militants kill journalist's relative
- Female mayor in Afghanistan says she's waiting for Taliban to 'come ... and kill me'
- Taliban Seize Capital of Afghanistan’s Nimroz Province and Kill Official in Kabul
- Taliban Hunting Down and Killing Former Members of Afghan Army
- Media ministry offers ‘lifeline’ to fearful Afghans as Taliban kill Christians
- The Taliban are killing Christians with Bibles on their cellphones
- Christian Afghan skinned alive, hung on a pole by Taliban: Former US Congressman
If you dive deep into these articles, you’ll read about the Taliban brutally beating a woman in front of her children and a popular Afghan singer who was shot execution style after being dragged out of his home.
This is exactly why ACLJ Senior Counsel for Global Affairs (and former Secretary of State) Mike Pompeo says:
[The Biden Administration] has opened the door for the beginnings of a genocide against Christians. It created a safe haven for ISIS and al-Qaeda to reemerge – a fitting and tragic result, given that this Administration is filled with Obama Administration holdovers, whose disastrous policies in Syria and botched withdrawal from Iraq created the conditions for the ISIS caliphate to emerge there.
Now, we’re seeing the same horrific result as history repeats itself. Yet the Biden Administration is absurdly making deals with the devil, and they’ve willingly left our own American citizens behind to fend for themselves.
The ACLJ is sickened and outraged over the colossal disaster President Biden has left behind in Afghanistan – a mess for which he has taken zero responsibility. We have filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request demanding answers about why and how President Biden has abandoned Christians and U.S. citizens to languish and potentially die at the hands of the Taliban.