Social Media / Digital Ad Associate
A digital social media associate who is proficient in creative writing, digital and social advertising, and content creation with a passion for the ACLJ’s mission.
The ACLJ is looking for a social media associate to write clear and concise copy for a host of digital platforms including: social media and short form editorial content, extracting digestible content from complex legal material and effectively communicating in the voice of the ACLJ’s brands.
The social media associate will assist the ACLJ’s growing digital advocacy team. Clearly communicate the ACLJ’s legal work to our members and the general public through readable, yet legally sound compelling copy. Analyze and synthesize legal opinions and memos, converting these documents into long and short form digestible content.
Create copy that convincingly builds a case for the ACLJ’s legal advocacy on a number of critical issues including the persecution of Christians, protection of the unborn, exposing and stopping government corruption, defending constitutional liberties, free speech, and religious liberty.
The copywriter should communicate the ACLJ’s legal work in a way that both advances our advocacy and allows our members to clearly understand the value and importance of our work. Help expand the ACLJ’s ability to communicate with its members digitally, including expanding the donor base of the ACLJ to further its mission opportunities. The copywriter should be able to quickly and effectively enhance new digital strategies by providing copy that effectively moves and converts the reader to action. Draft in the voice of the ACLJ’s brands for consistency across all platforms. Quickly accomplish a large variety of tasks in a fast paced, high energy, political war room type environment.
Some specific duties may include:
- Master the ability to emulate different voices to create digital content for the ACLJ.
- Manage and schedule SM copy for related ACLJ social platforms.
- Create, manage, and monitor social media ads for ACLJ social platforms.
- Manage and communicate ad reporting and performance.
- Track SM data and analytics.
- Curate images for digital content.
- Be point of contact with our Facebook representative, including regular check-in calls about our ads.
- Compare our social media growth and engagement with similar orgs.
- Develop new ideas for ACLJ name acquisition campaigns.
- Turn complex legal issues into content our members can understand through long and short form material.
- Write clear, attractive copy in several different distinct voices.
- Collaborate with designers, PR and other professionals on large and small-scale marketing projects (e.g. petition campaigns and landing pages).
- Conduct high-quality research in order to create legally accurate content.
- Edit and proofread copy as needed.
- Use SEO principles to maximize copy’s reach.
- Effectively assist in sourcing related images and other content.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or related.
- 1-2 years’ experience working in digital marketing
- Demonstrated copy writing and editing abilities.
- General technical skills and aptitude, with the ability to learn the digital platforms in use by the ACLJ’s digital team.
- Ability to prioritize in a high-pressured environment.
- Skills to communicate effectively with others.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task, manage workload and accountability, and deliver results to meet competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
About the ACLJ
Founded in 1990 with the mandate to protect religious and constitutional freedoms, the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ) engages legal, legislative, and cultural issues by implementing an effective strategy of advocacy, education, and litigation that includes representing clients before the Supreme Court of the United States and international tribunals around the globe.
Learn more at ACLJ.org.