With each passing day, the Libyan scandal not only worsens, it demonstrates in one incident the utter collapse of President Obama’s Middle Eastern policies and anti-terror strategy. Let’s count the failures, lies, and incompetence:
1. The administration abandons our Egyptian allies and even declares victory as Egypt transitions to Muslim Brotherhood rule.
2. The Muslim Brotherhood exports terror as terrorists strike Israel from the Sinai, and “foreign fighters” begin to infiltrate newly liberated Libya from Egypt.
3. Benghazi grows ever more dangerous, our consulate is attacked, and the British ambassador survives assassination attempts.
4. As Libya descends into (greater) chaos, the State Department decreases security.
5. Multiple officials, including security officials, protest the decreased security, express concern for their safety, and request more resources.
6. The State Department denies their requests and instead relies on a local militia of shopkeepers to protect our ambassador — an unpaid militia that receives only a food stipend.
7. On September 11, terrorists launch an “unprecedented” complex attack on our consulate.
8. During the course of that attack, (if current reports are accurate) the United States not only loses track of our own ambassador, we find out that he was taken to the hospital by a local mob.
9. Despite knowing almost immediately that the United States suffered one of the worst terrorist attacks on its diplomats in its history, the administration publicly denies this reality and blames the violence on a YouTube video made months before.
10. Days later, the amateur filmmaker is very publicly detained for questioning and ultimately arrested for a probation violation.
Does that sum things up?
The Libyan scandal is the perfect storm for President Obama’s foreign policy — at one stroke demonstrating the consequences of his failures in Egypt, the continuing capability of the jihadists he’s crowed about defeating, the incompetence of his own administration as it stripped security from Libya, and the corruption and cynicism that compelled officials to lie and spin in the face of obvious truths.
One final note: It’s often said that in Washington, the cover-up is typically worse than the crime. And for a long time, we’ve focused on the cover-up (“what did Obama know, and when did he know it”). In this case, the “crime” of abandoning our public servants in their hour of maximum need is far, far worse than the administration’s ensuing spin and lies.
Even after the horrific jihadist attack on Paris, President Obama refuses to change his strategy or even acknowledge the true threat of radical Islam. Enough is enough. A radical Islamic jihadist army terrorized Paris, France Friday night, slaughtering at least 129 people and wounding 352,
Iran’s Supreme Leader claims that his constant chant of “Death to America” doesn’t mean what you think it means. As NBC News reports , Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei just claimed that “Death to America” doesn’t mean death to America: Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said Tuesday that the slogan —
Over 50,000 of you spoke up after terrorism struck on American soil once again in Chattanooga, TN. Now, the Department of Defense (DOD) is responding, reevaluating dangerous priorities. After a jihadist murdered five unarmed soldiers at military installations here at home, we spoke up and you stood...
Jihad struck Texas last night. It’s just the latest skirmish in a global radical Islamic assault on free speech – on freedom. It’s a war. ISIS, Boko Haram, Al Shabaab, and al Qaeda are just a few of the named brigades in this radical Islamic jihadist army. The two Islamic terrorists who opened fire...