Your additions to “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Protecting American Atheists” have been pouring in. Chris Prevas left some great suggestions on the Jordan Sekulow Show Facebook page about taxpayer-funded references to our religious heritage:
Some ideas for the Complete Idiot's Guide: why stop at the federal level? Many localities need to change their names to avoid giving offense to atheists (after all the US Postal Service is a gov't-owned corporation and they have post offices that carry these highly-offensive names):
- “Providence, RI (providence assumes a God that cares about us)
- Salem, OR (this is from the Hebrew term for peace w/ God)
- Corpus Christi, TX (Latin for 'the body of Christ")
- Bethlehem, PA (birthplace of Christ)
- Philadelphia, PA (mentioned in Revelations as a city w/ a godly church)
- St. Paul, St. Louis, St. Augustine, St. Petersburg (godly Christian men)”
For the Spanish-speaking atheists:
- “Santa Fe, NM (holy faith)
- Los Angeles, CA (the Angels)
- Sacramento, CA (the holy sacrament)
- San Francisco, San Jose, San Diego, Santa Monica, Santa Barbara, San Antonio (godly Christian men/women)"
Thank you Chris. We are compiling a list of hundreds more suggestions just like this from the comments left on the Washington Post and my Facebook page, and I will include them in a post later this week. Be sure to leave your addition to “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Protecting American Atheists” on the Jordan Sekulow Show Facebook page.